Steve's Family History

This is a blog to record my attempts to trace my family history. Maybe it will be of interest to other members of my family - especially those who are also researching their own family tree.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Welcome To My Genealogy Blog

The great thing about family history research is you make contact with distant cousins who are investigating the same branches of your family tree. The only problem is that every piece of information you uncover you need to tell several people about and soon end up spending longer doing email than doing research so I thought I would start a blog.

I will update my blog with information I uncover and include links to my main family tree web site. Other family researchers can add comments if they want.

The Story So Far
What I'm aiming to do is identify all of my ancestors back to 3x Great Grandparents. I'm lucky that over the last hundred years or so most of them lived in Bristol. Before that they were variously in Gloucester, Somerset, Devon and Cornwall. Family names include

Parents
GREENHAM, SALTER

Grandparents
MATTHEWS, KENT

Great Grandparents
LAWRANCE, LISTER, COOPER, VICARY

Great Great Grandparents
LEAKEY, DADDS, WATSON, GOSLING, RICHARDS, BROOKS, WATERS

Great Great Great Grandparents
HODGES, BARBER, MAY, PHILPOT, MARTIN, LORD, ALLEN, YANDELL, ARNEY, BATTEN, BURRIDGE,

Great Great Great Great Grandparents
TRASK, ANNIS, BROWN, ROBINS, HEMBROUGH